Mar Vista is my home base! My wife and I have lived here since 2016. We chose this centralized location for a variety of reasons, including its proximity to major throughfares like Venice, Palms & National Boulevards. Easy access to the 10 and 405 can also be found in Mar Vista, making your commute into or out of the area quite easy. It’s also just 3 miles from the beach.
Mar Vista hosts its own farmers market every Sunday from 9am – 2pm on Grandview Blvd. between Venice Blvd and Washington Place. If you need organic food, but can’t make it to the farmers market, we have our very own Whole Foods on Barrington. Need a Japanese supermarket with a phenomenal food court? No problem. Mar Vista has the highly acclaimed Mitsuwa Marketplace on Centinela Ave.
There’s also no shortage of entertainment within your reach. Bowlero is our neighborhood bowling alley with a dedicated arcade for the kids. The 2,500 yard 9-hole Penmar Golf Course is a great place on a Friday afternoon. Even if you don’t play golf, be sure to leave time for a bite at the restaurant, The Penmar. Local legend and chef Oscar Hermosillo, who also runs nearby favorites Clutch and Cerveteca, extensively remodeled the restaurant in 2021. My recommendations: the burger or dog with a michelada.
Highlights of Mar Vista:
- Freeway access to 10 & 405
- Minutes to the beach
- Mar Vista Park – soccer fields, tennis courts, pool, roller hocky rink & community center
- Mar Vista Elementary is ranked 8/10 by Great Schools
- Local coffee shops Alana’s or Coffee Connection, but also Starbucks & Coffee Bean
- Large scale Post Office with ample parking
- Top Restaurants/Bars include Little Fatty, Accomplice Bar & Rasselbock
- Fast Food Joint: Sunny Grill